NANTSUTTEI @ Parco ~ ラーメン!

Woke up early today with the intention to go for my morning jog but it rained!

Plan din work out so here i am doing some overdue food review.

My 2nd visit to Parco @ Marina Bay last mon. Met up w Serene whom i haven met up with since after uni.

We were dissatissfied customers at NANTSUTTEI. Let me tell u why.


We were told to order our food b4 entering the restaurant when the restaurant has quite a few empty seats. I could understand if they wanted to match the style of managing the restaurant in Japan becox that's what they do in japan. Order ramen via the automated system before proceeding in for the piping hot bowl of noodes. BUT two japanese men were treated differently! They could browse at the menu after being seated and taking their own sweet time to decide with the waitress standing next to them. wtf.

Photobucket
I had the almost all-in-one Maru-toku Negi Chashu-men, recommended by the waitress.

The tamago (egg) was awesome and the shiraga negi (green onions), bannou negi (chopped thin green onions) blended interestingly with the ramen. 

Photobucket

However, I didn't quite fancy the oily soup and charsiew wasn't as good as the one in Tampopo or Ippudo or even Kyo Nichi.  My lips were coated with a rich layer of oil when i took the 1st sip. Maybe it's just doesn't suit my preference.



Comments